Often, laughter is referred to as the best medicine, but it may not be of much help when it comes to completing the overdue vulnerability assessment that your boss has constantly reminded you about. However, humor can relieve us from the stresses of cyber security and remind us that even though our work is important, it's okay to take a break and enjoy a good laugh!
From the hilariously relatable to the outrageously absurd, these 25 carefully selected memes capture the essence of our daily grind in cyber security.
So, let's take a short break from the rigors of our everyday routine. Remember, sharing a cyber security meme lightens the mood and fosters a culture of awareness and camaraderie within your organization. Enjoy and share away.
Jump To The #1 Cyber Security Meme Of 2024
#25 Your First Day In Cyber Security Meme
Have you ever come across the term "imposter syndrome"? It's a condition characterized by self-doubt in one's intellectual capabilities, skills, or accomplishments, especially among high-achieving individuals. This is quite common when starting out in the field of cyber security. However, it's important to remember that everyone had their first day at some point!
#24 IT Support In The Office VS At Home Meme
Peter, skilled and capable, feels the weight of watchful eyes as he tackles the temperamental boardroom camera, each mouse click scrutinized by a room full of impatient executives. A routine fix becomes a high-stakes mission.
In contrast, Tom, in the comfort of his home and trusty office chair, effortlessly solves complex virtual conferencing issues in his casual attire, his only audience being his nonjudgmental, occasionally camera-blocking cats.
#23 The Budget Before And After A Cyber Security Breach Meme
Anyone who's been in IT long enough knows that it often takes a catastrophe for IT security to be taken seriously by those who are outside the field. Let this meme serve as a warning to all those who aren't in the know: preventing a breach is exponentially cheaper than fixing one.
#22 The CTO Attempting To Blend In With The Other Executives Meme
A CTO frequently faces the pressure to swap their beloved vintage Star Wars shirt for the stiff uniform of power suits and designer ties. This meme goes out to all those CTOs who have stood firm in their originality. Here's to the kind of CTO who commands respect in board meetings and reigns supreme on Stack Exchange forums. The type who chooses the comfort of familiar tees over the constriction of silk neckties, proving time and again that true brilliance often prefers binary code to dress codes.
#21 The Golden IT Support Ratio Meme
It's a truly relatable scenario. Under-resourced and overworked, this meme goes out to all those one-person IT Support "teams" out there in the world!
#20 Raise A Ticket Meme
For some, raising a ticket is akin to sending a message in a bottle, which may or may not be received. In reality, it's precisely the opposite. Raising a ticket offers several advantages.
- Track and Document: Tickets ensure a detailed record of issues, facilitating future reference and knowledge base creation.
- Prioritize Effectively: A ticketing system enables prioritizing issues based on urgency, impact, and severity.
- Centralize Communication: All updates and notes are in one place, making information access more accessible and efficient.
- Efficient Resource Allocation: Tickets help assign tasks based on team members' workload and expertise.
- Ensure Compliance: Ticketing provides detailed records required for compliance in many industries, unlike direct messages.
#19 Where Did All The Hot Singles Go Meme
This meme is light-hearted but highlights a real-world threat. Antivirus protection is crucial as it guards against malware, viruses, cyber threats, and scams that can compromise your data security and personal information. This underscores the importance of keeping your antivirus software updated and regularly running scans to ensure continuous and effective protection.
#18 These Scam Calls Are Getting Out Of Control Meme
Have you ever wondered why scams are becoming so prolific? It's because people fall for them, and vast sums of money are being extracted from unsuspecting victims and organizations every day! Unfortunately, it's a growing trade, and while technical solutions exist and assist, security awareness is the key to staying safe in the digital world.
#17 The Board's Cyber Security Expectations VS Reality Meme
Top-tier cybersecurity costs money. That's an undeniable fact. Here are two tips for getting your budget increased.
- Demonstrate Return on Investment (ROI): Build a compelling case by quantifying the potential financial impact of cyber threats versus the cost of investing in cybersecurity. Highlight how preventive spending can save the company from far more significant losses in the event of a breach.
- Leverage Real-World Examples and Scenarios: Use recent, high-profile cybersecurity incidents with significant financial and reputational repercussions for other companies. The team at CanIPhish has written a blog on the true cost of a breach, which includes some real-world examples and statistics.
#16 Reporting Your Own Simulated Phishing Campaign Meme
Why is running simulated phishing important?
Phishing simulations are essential tools that assess and improve employee awareness and reaction to phishing attacks, usually conducted through email and, in some instances, extended to SMS messages and phone calls. The increasing preference for training employees through these simulations is linked to the rising threat of phishing and the availability of phishing simulation platforms, making this type of training both effective and accessible.
#15 Phishing Test Success Meme
The purpose of conducting phishing tests is to educate employees about the risks of phishing attacks and how they can avoid falling prey to them. While sending simulated phishing emails can be fun, often with gamification elements like leaderboards and badges, we should remember that the ultimate goal is not to catch people out but to help them stay alert and protected against cyber threats. So, next time your organization evades your simulated attacks, wear it like a badge of honor!
#14 Increased Cyber Security Budget Meme
Caution: Please note that this meme depicts a purely fictional scenario and should not be interpreted as a reflection of actual real-world events.
#13 And Your RAM is Gone Meme
Google Chrome is by far the most popular browser, with around 80% of users. While the masses love it, it's a hungry app, and RAM is its favorite food.
#12 When Someone Reports Your Phishing Awareness Email Meme
For a light-hearted office prank with your colleagues, try cheekily reporting their phishing awareness material as suspected phishing.
#11 When The IT Team Gets A Shout-Out Meme
Not all heroes wear capes... some wear vibrant spandex, while others are right among us, blending in with the everyday crowd. This meme is dedicated to the IT teams, the silent guardians in our midst, tirelessly kicking goals and fortifying their organizations' security.
#10 Everyone Won't Stop Clicking On Phishing Emails Meme
An all-too-common issue in cyber security where the technical team may be highly skilled, but their efforts are undermined by the human factor.
What can you do as a cyber defender to combat the issue:
- Training: Some folks aren't familiar with phishing. Continuous education and awareness training are essential to help employees recognize phishing attempts. Simulated phishing exercises can also be beneficial in training staff to identify and report suspicious emails.
- Technical Controls: Utilize technical solutions such as email filtering and anti-phishing tools. These can help reduce the number of phishing emails that reach inboxes.
- Culture Shift: Encourage a security-focused culture where everyone actively participates in cyber defense. Even sharing a funny meme can help start important conversations around cyber awareness!
#9 When A Company Is Prepared To Spend Money On Cyber Security Meme
Many businesses aspire to have top-of-the-line IT infrastructure and security measures. However, there is often a disconnect between their ambitions and the financial resources they are willing to allocate. This leads to a common struggle of wanting high-quality technology but only being able to afford basic options.
If this is relatable, remember, you are not alone!
#8 Praying To The Server Gods After A Cyber Attack Meme
Do you test your backups on a regular basis? Would your organization be able to recover if it were breached today?
Testing backups is essential; neglecting this step and relying on hope can lead to catastrophic data loss.
So, don't be like these guys: Hope, faith, and luck are not words you want associated with data recovery! Regularly test your backups to ensure they are reliable and recoverable.
#7 Harmless IT Prank Meme
You either get em', or you get got. Be prepared with this list of fun IT pranks you can pull on your colleagues.
- The Classic Wallpaper Trick: Take a screenshot of your colleague's desktop, then set it as the desktop wallpaper. Hide all the icons and the taskbar. Watch as they try to click on the non-responsive icons.
- You're On Mute: This one requires a collective effort and is especially effective if someone joins the virtual meeting late. Let everyone in the meeting know who the target is. You will all collectively tell them they are on mute and pretend you can't hear them. Watch as they squirm and fuss, trying to figure out why it isn't working!
- The Wireless Mouse Trick: Connect a wireless mouse to a colleague's computer and give it a little nudge every now and then. Watch as they try to figure out why their cursor is moving on its own.
#6 Anakin The Cyber Defender Meme
When it comes to passwords, keep them long, strong, and unique—because 'password' is not a password; it's a welcome mat for hackers!
#5 Let's Bring IT On The Call Meme
You've all been in this situation, blissfully minding your own business, configuring your organization's firewall, polishing your incident response plan, developing your security protocols to stay ahead of emerging threats and planning your next simulated phishing campaign when your boss pings you on teams "Hey, can you jump into a meeting quick". Next thing you know, you're trying to explain that a chatbot can't replace your whole IT support team.
#4 Morpheus Knows How To Helpdesk Meme
Raising a ticket versus sending an email to your IT team is the equivalent of booking a doctor's appointment versus shouting, "I don't feel well!" in the break room!
This is a reminder to all non-IT professionals out there. Help us help you! Don't just throw a message in a bottle, hoping it washes up in the right place; send up the bat signal by raising a ticket!
#3 The Self-Deception Of Cyber Security Professionals Meme
It will be fun, they said. The self-deception of cyber security professionals is strong!
Your work often goes unsung, but remember, every cyber challenge conquered is a disaster averted, every vulnerability patched is a crisis contained, and every phishing attack thwarted is a testament to your vigilance!
#2 Nervous Cyber Security Puppet Meme
It's nothing to be ashamed of. Your prowess lies not in knowing everything but in having the ability to find answers in the vast expanses of the internet.
Next time someone calls you a geek, proudly tell them, "I'm not a geek; I'm just better at Google than you!"
#1 Using A Space Shuttle To Go To The Grocery Store Meme
At times, unraveling a tech puzzle demands the keen intellect of a seasoned cyber expert, someone who can navigate the complexities of the digital realm with ease. Other times, the solution is as simple as a reboot—the classic fix-all maneuver. And then, there are those serendipitous moments when an issue resolves itself with just the presence of a distinguished IT professional like yourself nearby.
In the end, each resolved issue, big or small, is a testament to the invaluable role you play as a cyber security professional.
Bonus! There Is No Cloud Meme
Oh, we just couldn't leave out this last one!
Do you consider yourself a cyber defender? Do you think that you could spot the phish? Check out our range of simulated phishing emails and phishing websites and get started with your IT security training today!